Vacant Homes Initiative Launched
Guidelines have been set and the Bowman County Housing Authority is ready to take applications for the Vacant Homes Initiative. With a budget of $75,000, the goal of the Housing Authority’s implementation of this program is to continue to beautify the communities within the county as well as offer a viable option for building new homes. This program benefits the community, county, property owners and prospective builders with cost savings on demolition and infrastructure.
The Bowman County Development Corporation was happy to assist in developing the program and recognizes the need for housing. As people continue to explore the employment opportunities in the county and surrounding areas, they need to have options for relocating to Bowman County. The BCDC believes that we have the very unique and valuable attribute of a high quality of life that will continue to attract individuals that desire and will contribute to our communities as long as we can provide housing options. - Contact the Bowman County Development Corporation with any questions or to obtain an application.
Vacant Property Initiative Guidelines
The Bowman County Housing Authority has the right to approve or deny any applications as they see fit. Estimated application approval time is three to four weeks if all information is provided. The Housing Authority reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time as the needs of the program change. Applications may be made through the Bowman County Development Corporation.
• Vacant or underutilized buildings or land with prior residential usage are eligible
• Property must be bought and sold by Bowman County Housing Authority
• Eligible applicants include individual citizens, businesses, and private developers
• Property must be located within the city limits of Rhame, Scranton, Gascoyne or Bowman to be considered eligible
• Lot must meet at least standard sizing requirements Residential 50ft x 140 ft
• Buyer/applicant must have a formal plan for development.
• Fair market value will be determined by the County Tax Director
• Developed property must have a property value higher than the original lot with the vacant structure and the end plan must include a structure
• Substantial development must begin within 1 year of application approval and must be fully complete within 3 years of application approval or property ownership will revert to Bowman County Housing Authority.
• All applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis as well as a first come first serve basis