menu
Close
RHAME   •   BOWMAN   •   SCRANTON   •   GASCOYNE
RHAME   •   BOWMAN   •   SCRANTON   •   GASCOYNE
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
scroll down

Airport Authority

North Dakota Tourism
CONTACT


Airport Authority

Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623

Bowman County Airport Authority

Bowman County has a new, larger regional airport to support the state’s economic boom.  The new facility has a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.

The updated Bowman Airport helps provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and aids as an economic engine for the entire region.

 


 

Airport Authority Minutes

September 16, 2019
7:00 PM

Members present:    Rod Schaaf, Dave Helland, Jud Seaman & Bob Morland

Members absent      Andy Mrnak

Others present         Brent Kline, Airport Mgr.

 

  1. President Rod Schaaf called the meeting to order.
  2. Minutes of previous meeting (August 26, 2019).  Jud moved to approve the minutes as presented.  Dave seconded the motion.  Motion carried.
  3. Financial reports – Bob moved to approve the financial reports.  Jud seconded the motion.  Motion carried.
  4. Flight Training Assistance Program – The FTAP program reauthorization was discussed.  The state pays 75% of the cost of travel for CFI’s to come to the Bowman airport for flight training.  The Airport Authority is responsible for the remaining 25%.  Jud moved to approve the application.  Dave seconded the motion.  Motion carried.
  5. Powder River MOA – Rod reported that he had received a call from Ellsworth that the Powder River 3 low will be activated in the next 4-6 weeks.  They would like Rod to organize an informational meeting in Bowman in the next 4-6 weeks.  Rod will coordinate a meeting time and place and provide notice to area pilots.
  6. FAA fall conference is scheduled for November 6-7 in Aberdeen SD.  Board members interested should make reservations.
  7. The board reviewed the new snowplow truck. 
  8. PAPI’s – The PAPI’s have not been repaired yet.  Brent will contact the electrician again to arrange for the repair.
  9. Haying contract.  The hay contract has not been paid.  Payment will be required before hay is removed. 
  10. AWOS – The AWOS appears to be reporting correctly.  The final publication date for the FAA is October 10, 2019. 
  11. The next meeting is scheduled for October 28, 2019.

 

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.

 

 

Airport Authority Meeting

Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.

Airport Authority Membership

Rodney Schaaf Chairman
Bob Morland Secretary/Treasurer
Eugene Miller Member
Andy Mrnak Member
John Soreide Member