- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
March 20, 2017
Members present: Rod Schaaf, John Soreide, Andy Mrnak & Bob Morland
Members absent: Eugene Miller
- Minutes of previous meeting (February 27, 2017). John moved to approve the minutes as presented. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for payment.
- Financial reports were presented for review. Bob moved to approve the financial reports, John seconded the motion. Motion carried
- State Grant Applications – Applications were filed for the following items:
- 50% cost share for cost of the generator.
- 50% cost share for cost of the rotary mower.
- 50% cost share for cost of the JD mower.
- 50% cost share for cost of the box blade.
- 5% state share of the cost of design of the parallel taxiway.
- Discussion was held regarding the receipt of real estate assessment for the T-Hangar building. We will request further information.
- Rod gave a report on the Upper Great Plains Symposium he and Brent attended. Bowman County Regional Airport was awarded the airport of the year award for general aviation airports.
- Discussion was held regarding misinformation on social media regarding the airport’s capacity to handle larger aircraft. Rod will provide clarification.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership