Non-emergency Phone 701-523-5672
PO Box 12
101 1st Street NE
Bowman, ND 58623
The Bowman Police Department Motto
"To serve and protect through utilization of proper means to gain proper ends"
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Bowman Police Department website. It is an honor to be able share with you the services of the Bowman Police Department. The Bowman Police Department strives to be a proactive service to the community in which we are sworn to protect. We take great pride in providing a vital and important roll in our community, in partnership with our brethren law enforcement officers of the federal, state and county levels. Through our unwavering dedication in serving our citizens and visitors, we welcome you to enjoy the many attributes of our wonderful community
Police Chief Charles R. Headley
The Bowman Police Department has a current authorized sworn force of 3 officers, including the Chief of Police. The Bowman Police Department provides 24 hour response police protection. Criminal complaints are initially handled by the on duty or on call patrol officer with follow-up investigations, if needed, conducted by an assigned officer or the Chief of Police. The Bowman Police Dept also provides the community with several safety programs including bicycle safety, drug awareness, and child identification programs. Additionally seminars and other programs are provided to the business community in the areas of theft, shoplifting and fraudulent checks.
The Bowman Police Department exits to provide quality police service and protection with dignity and respect for all. It is the mission of this department that we adhere to our 10 point primary goal of policing values.
- Maintain service as our primary goal, while vigorously pursuing those who commit crimes.
- Insure that community responsiveness and the prevention of crime shall always be the hallmark of this organization.
- Provide courteous police service with the respect for the rights and dignity of all the people we serve.
- Involve the community in al policing activities that directly affect the quality of community life
- Structure service delivery in a manner as to reinforce the strengths of the city’s neighborhoods.
- Encourage public input regarding to the development of policies that directly affect the quality of neighborhood life.
- Manage our resources carefully and effectively
- Seek the input of employees in matters that affect job satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Strive to maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all its members and activities.
- Be committed to a shared and open relationship of involvement with all segments of our community.